I set my iTunes on shuffle and wrote down the first line of the first twenty songs (excluding songs where the initial lyric is, or contains, the title.) There's some embarassing stuff here - but here it is:
- Take me to heart, and nobody can make me do wrong
I never thought you were the letter writing typebrimful - "If I Wrote You" - Dar Williams. Tears on the sleeve of a man, I want to be a boy todaybrimful, encore une fois! "Pretty Good Year" - Tori Amos I'm not talking about a year, nor not three or four- sandhya (the lurker who came to stay ... I hope) "Forever" - Ben Harper
- I can't hold this day any more
Love (love) is a verb, love is a doing word* brimful, aka Goddess of Lyrics - "Teardrop" - Massive Attack Love is like a never-ending melody, poets have compared it to a symphonyscorps1027 gets very close. "Desafinado" (English lyrics. Many, many recordings. I have Ella Fitzgerald, Coleman Hawkins, and Astrud Gilberto/George Michael versions on my iTunes. Perry Como's version uses the title 'Slightly Out of Tune.') I've got no chauffer to chauffeur me, I've got no servant to serve my teascorps1027! "Nobody But Me" - Lou Rawls
- Love - I see you there, adrift on the air
Missed the Saturday dance, heard they crowded the floorandrea! "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" (Jazz/swing standard - so recorded by many, many people.)
- Sit back down and talk to me about how you want to be
- I told you how I feel, but you don't care
The people keep repeating that you'll never fall in love- brian! (There's a first time for everything!) "Let My Love Open the Door" - Pete Townshend
- I'd say love was a magical thing, I'd say love would keep us from pain -had I been there
- You're my love, you're my sweetest thing
Nicky's in the corner with a black coat onscorps1027 (a rockstar in her own right) "Beautiful Girl - INXS You are far when I could have been your starbrimful - "Kissing a Fool" - George Michael (and I ain't ashamed!!) Shattered dreams, worthless years, here am I encased inside a hollow shell- cookiemonsta is close enough: "I Believe (When I Fall in Love It Will be Forever) - Stevie Wonder You think you gotta keep me iced - you don'tandrea (brimful with the assist) - "Love Don't Cost a Thing" - J. to the L-O I was at the mall, sippin' on a milkshake- cookiemonsta! Ladies Love Cool James - "Big Ole Butt"
* - Initially, I thought this was "Love (love) isn't fair", until I decided to check it against the lyrics as found online. Mmmyeah - more than a few of what I think are the first lines may be mondegreens.
Your assignment: without Googling (or other search engine-ing), name the tunes!