Things that are making me happy right now:
- Ridiculously cool clock I bought. It projects the time on the ceiling. My biggest reason for considering Lasiktm was the vain hope of being able see the bedside clock without my glasses. (Yes, it's that bad.) What's even funnier is that I haven't really had a clock in the bedroom for ... over a year. (Don't hate me just because I don't need an alarm to get up!) This clock is Starck (oooh - all fancy-like), and I have been kind of petting it. And maybe calling it "my Precious." Don't judge! And I bought it for $15. The cheap-ass desi within rejoices!!
- Having a truly, truly shit day ... and having friends check in with you the next day. So schweet. Even Hesse, who has a 3-year old's inquisitiveness, managed to not ask for details.
- Having a truly, truly shit day (partie deux) ... and having someone from the Internets email you because they think you are sympatico! So totally what I needed!
- On a total whim (and at the last minute!!), entering the Women 2.0 Napkin Business Challenge. Total geek that I am, I hit the public library for some emergency "business plan/Internet start-up" type books. I don't have a chance in hell, but it was ... an experience.
- Dinner plans with la brim, and a hot date with Janeane Garofolo. Okay, maybe she doesn't know it's a date. (Little known fact, if a movie was ever made of my life, I would want her to play me. But, you know, taller. And Indian.)