Sunday, April 02, 2006

Submerge

On Tuesday, I will post the answers for the remaining 20/20 lyrics.

Since posting my list, I've been thinking of some of my favorite lyrics, one of which happens to be an opening lyric. (I'm not in love, but I'm open to persuasion) I'm kinda, sorta thinking about posting another mini-contest with my favorites, but it would involve some extensive combing through my iPod. Which doesn't it mean it won't happen, I'm all about research sometimes.

I've been using and abusing my library card. The library is only a block away - so convenient! And you can borrow CDs (To think, I may never have been introduced to my new obsession - The Lost in Translation soundtrack!) Because I have such access to music (i.e. without having to do the "is this CD worth the $$" dance), I'm trying out different things - sometimes, I choose CDs simply because the cover interests me, or someone mentioned the artist once at a party. Abbey Lincoln, Manu Chao, Maxwell - they've all come home with me.


..........


oodles, brimful, ads, and J-diddy spent Saturday evening hearing me endlessly quote the hook from Jay-Z's "Change Clothes" as we all attended the 4th Annual Evening of a Thousand Scowls to benefit 826 Valencia. (Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, the line-up included Sarah Silverman, Patton Oswald and Al Madrigal.)

The line to get into the middle school venue was a study. As Dolly Parton once said, 'It costs a lot of money to dress trashy." The same could be said for hipsters: a lot of time, money, and energy goes into the carefully, "unstudied" hipster look. Whatever. The nearly-belligerent, appraising looks were nearly as bad as, if not worse than the Marina.

And then we saw some guy carrying a giant cross and being whipped walk up the street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've been making a list of my favorite lyrics to post as a contest, too! (Like, omigod!) I'm still trying to figure out what will make the final cut, though.