Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mister/Mr.

I get annoyed when I receive correspondence addressed to 'mr. maisnon.' The worst/funniest example: after going on a screening interview, I received a rejection letter addressed to "mr. maisnon." That means that, after spending 20 minutes talking to me, I stuck out in the interviewer's mind ..... not at all. (Honestly, it means that his secretary wrote the rejection letter and he didn't take much of a look at it before signing it.) It amused me, and I considered sending a picture and a follow-up letter that said something like, "I must have made quite an impression."

I've been emailing hotels in Goa for my impending trip. My email address gives you my full first and last name - my first name is identifiably female (if you are familiar with Indian names.) Fully half of the responses I have received thus far have been addressed to "mr. maisnon."

That shit ain't right, yo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happens to me too!

Anonymous said...

Great...thanks to the title of your post, I now have "Kyrie" stuck in my head. ;)

maisnon said...

brimful: My work here is done! ;)

Heather said...

Oh yeah, I got Mr. Heather a lot, too. I wonder if they live in the future over there, like Battlestar Gallactica.

maisnon said...

Mr. Heather: Oh, I'm SO calling you Mr. Heather from now on!