Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Claire de Lune

WEEKEND UPDATE!

So, last weekend, I headed down to Hell-A to visit one of my favorite commenters (and incidentally, one of my best friends from college.) ILTSAE brings out ... the most obnoxious in me, and that is saying something. Once she came to visit me in DC and was greeted at the airport with a sign that said LOSER. I did it because I knew she would have to walk up to me if she wanted a ride home, or a bed to sleep in. Yeah, I'm a bitch.

Spending time with us must be a little taxing for others because we have so many inside stories (which we can summarize in pithy little comments: "that'll do for now", "not a drop in the bucket", etc.) Also, we are rapier-mean to each other (because, of course, we couldn't love each other more.)

The weekend was largely just chill, which I badly needed. After she picked me up, we wandered fabulous downtown Claremont in search of eats and then home to her cute little house. Saturday morning, I headed to Hollywoodland to meet up with J-money and Roonie for brunch. Roonie and I then took it to the hills to walk it out. Um, if you're thinking of doing a little walking/hiking - pick a trail that doesn't have a stable nearby. Draw your own conclusions.

I drove back to Claremont and swore I would never drive again. My shins actually hurt from all of the stop-and-go. On a Saturday. We met up with some of ILTSAE's friends for fabulous, fabulous sushi. Mmmm. I even sang the sushi song ("Sushi! Sushi! Sushi! I made you out of fish." sung to the tune of "Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel" I'm so mature.) If you are in the area, let me recommend Rumblefish Sushi - the yum! Then - movie night! We watched one of my all-time favorite movies: "The Broken Hearts Club: A Gay Romantic Comedy" (shut up - it's friggin' fabulous! And Dean Cain! And Zach Braff (as a blonde)! And Justin Theroux!) I left "Bring it On" for ILTSAE to enjoy later. GO TOROS!

Sunday. Sunday was a little hard on me. Something I've been really working on is not starting the sulk while the weekend is still going on. I feel that seeing someone can make you realize how much you miss seeing them on a regular basis. Thanggod for cellphones and IM, etc., but there is something about hearing a friend's laugh in person and feeling the full force of their wit in person. I felt like I missed ILTSAE while I was still there, but thankfully - it's a very short flight away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once she came to visit me in DC and was greeted at the airport with a sign that said LOSER. I did it because I knew she would have to walk up to me if she wanted a ride home, or a bed to sleep in.
This might be the most awesome thing in the world.

Anonymous said...

I always cry when I leave SF, too. I shouldn't, it's so close, but I always miss Kris while I'm there...and when I'm not.

Anonymous said...

I miss you already, too.