Sunday, September 07, 2008

avion

I'm finally, finally coming back to DC. I just booked tickets on Wirgin. (Dude, United, get with it price-wise or I'm going to break up with you!) I'm coming "home" for a week. I'm looking forward to some Mom-cooking, and seeing DC peeps. I'm a little ... concerned because both of my parents will be home. The whole time. My parents are wonderful people, and the funniest act around, but I can not be around them solidly for a week. That is unpossible.

Visiting DC is always a little dance, a delicate balance between spending time with my parents and with my friends. If I don't spend enough uninterrupted time with my parents, my mum gets a little passive-aggressively snippy about it. But, if I don't interrupt the time with friends, I lose my patience and my ability to deal.

I think I'm going to start a list of things I want to see and do while I'm there. Amsterdam Falafel/Tryst, cruise around my law school haunts, etc. etc. As always, I'm hoping that making a list moves me from anxiety to excitement.

No comments: