Thursday, October 20, 2005

sept

So, I'm getting around to this 7/7/7/7/7/7 (notice there are SIX lists of 7, could not one have been added to ease my OCD?)

7 things I want to do in this lifetime:

  • waltz in Vienna (or, tango in Buenos Aires. Or both.)
  • write a book/make a movie (ideally: write a book that I make into a movie!)
  • fall/be in love
  • learn Spanish
  • parent a child
  • take a honeymoon (even (especially?) if I never marry)
  • live in a foreign country

7 things I can do:

  • knit, sew, cross-stitch - I'm crafty, bitches!
  • chat up strangers (airport waiting lounges, at bars, in line at the post office, you name it)
  • commit to long-term goals
  • go from post-gym sweaty to semi-formal (i.e. shower, makeup, and hair, etc.) in under 1/2 hour
  • give good advice (and know when to shut the hell up)
  • pick myself up, dust myself up, and move forward
  • laugh at myself

7 things I can not do:

  • hula hoop
  • deal with chipped nail polish
  • drink soda
  • live with a television
  • suffer fools
  • ice skate (this is one of my secret shames - 5 years au Canada and I can't skate! My feet aren't built for it - it's excruciatingly painful.)
  • flirt

7 things that attract me to another person:

  • humor (in my view - you can't be funny without being smart, so this takes care of the intelligence requirement)
  • goofiness (covers not taking yourself too seriously)
  • vulnerability (the "I can open up and share" thing)
  • an artistic side - whether as an actual artist, or an afficianado
  • vibe
  • self-awareness
  • slightly imperfect features. Give me a gap-toothed smile, or an interesting nose any day!

7 things I say most often:

  • Dude
  • Whatevs, yo
  • 2 and 9 (as in "Dude, there were like 9 thousand people in line. I was like "whatevs, yo"" I'm 30 and I seriously talk like that. See also, final bullet in this section.)
  • F'ng hell - not really sure why I made that PG
  • WTF
  • Actually
  • Seriously

7 people 's 7/7/7/7/7/7 results I'd love to see:

  • Little Bro 1 & 2
  • DTG
  • the Star
  • my anonymous commenters
  • those who lurk, but do not comment ( My statcounter doesn't lie - I know you're there)
  • the person who keeps googling Malayali aunties
  • Jake Gyllenhaal

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm.... Jake Gyellenhall.

Also, teach me to sew!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, umm. Canada is a foreign country.

:)

-Beth

maisnon said...

the Star pointed out that I say "or, whatever" a lot, especially when telling stories. SO TRUE! He also reminded me that I flat-out stated that story-telling is an attraction requirement for me - also SO TRUE!

And, finally, Beth - Canada IS a foreign counry - SO TRUE! ;)

oodles said...

I'll teach you how to drink soda and some Spanish, if you teach me how to give good advice. Is that a fair trade-off?

Chai said...

haha...honeymoon without a marriage..i concur. love it.

Vinu said...

this is soooo wow!!! Nice writing ... 7 wonders of your world!! reality and dream.