- I just joined Netflix and I'm hella-excited about my first three selections. Currently winging their merry way to my mailbox: Ran (mmm....Akira Kurosawa!), Cidade de Deus, and Before Sunrise. And I have over 80 movies in my queue.
- Tomorrow night: I meet Vinod (and I'm dragging brimful along for moral support!) And the place sounds pretty coo', too. So, verrrry soon, I will have met all of the Mutineers, sauf Sajit.
- Sunday: Sidewalk Arts and Crafts Fall Fest ...ah Menlo Ave., how I will come to love you.
- Bienvenido a Miami: I'm headed to Key Biscayne for The Firm's Litigation Retreat next weekend. (Do I really need a retreat? I've been "working" for all of 2 weeks now ;) )
Those are just the coming attractions, I am also thankful for some of the more intangible things:
- Having a few, very strategic friends in the area. I can't even fathom what my adjustment would be like if Pat (the best friend) or the Star weren't here. And there is strategery involved: the Star works with me, so he understands that aspect very, very well. TBF does not work with me, and it's nice to have someone on the "outside" as well. Plus, that whole having known me for 10 years thing...I swear she knows what I'm going to do or say before I do.
- Autumn. My favorite season is coming on strong. I know that everyone has a thing for spring, but I think that's too easy. I love mulled cider, pumpkins, and patchwork quilts of turning leaves. Spring has the reputation of being the frisky, flirty season - but I'd argue for fall: sweater weather, anyone? The better to curl up on the couch with you, my dear.
- Catching up with a friend. Despite email, cellphones, voicemails, Blackberries - all the myriad ways we have to keep in touch and stay connected - there is nothing like kicking back over a glass or two and some nibbly-things.
- It's probably wrong to still feel this way, but ... play Misty for me, baby. I love my car.
- San Francisco. As heartbroken and melancholy as I was about living on the Penninsula, it's working out ... I have a 2 mile "commute" to work, and I head up to the city for fun & games on the weekend. And in a year... I think I'll be ready to move up there.