Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Resolution 2.0

BE IT SO RESOLVED that maisnon, after careful research, consideration, and thought, agrees to watch ONE (1) movie, film, or motion picture produced, directed and/or distributed by the Indian film industry, informally known as "Bollywood", per month.
maisnon agrees to post her thoughts, reactions, and analysis of said movie on her online web log ("blog"), also on a monthly basis.
.............
Y'all rock the rock rock: my Netflix queue now contains 200 movies, including your recommendations on the Bollywood front. I think my Bollywood pic for Dec. has to be Sholay - a resounding crowd favorite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked "Bride and Prejudice." I've never read "Pride and Prejudice"; I read Jane Austen's "Persuasion" and didn't really care for it. I'm not a Keira Knightley fan, so don't think I will see the new movie...

maisnon said...

Hmm...I didn't think much of "Bride and Prejudice" - I thought Ms. Rai was oddly stiff the whole movie. I would recommend reading the book - it takes a little "getting into", but it's worth it.

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend the BBC Pride & Prejudice series- it's the only one in which Elizabeth Bennett is correctly cast. Plus, um, Colin Firth.

Oh, and yay to Sholay!