Monday, February 06, 2006

The best a man can get

Did you see the Gillette 5 blade razor commercial? What did it make you think of? Perhaps, the old Onion story F&ck Everything, We're Doin' 5 blades?

My response was, "Dude, that's totally like Moore's Law.1"

That's what you get when your Friday is a crash course in integrated circuit design. Hot damn, I love my job!!2





1 Moore's Law - the idea that at our rate of technological development, the complexity of an integrated circuit doubles every 18 - 24 months.

2 I realize that this sounds sarcastic (which would be so unlike me) - but I'm actually dead serious. My job allows me to - no, more than that, encourages me to geek out. Score!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, now they've gone from using 5-blades, to using FUSION technology- wtf?!? I don't understand why it would be appealing to think that physicists slaved away for a razor- I would get it if you were selling a car or even a motorized razor, but this?

Also, we lurve you because you are an unabashed geek, maisnon- you have the jacket to prove it! ;)