- It's not every day that a friend uses the "I may be stickfighting" excuse (*ahem*, SJM!)
- I'm trying to be more of a tourist in SF. I thought I would do tourist stuff when my friends came to visit me, but so far - not so much on the visit front. I've never been to Alcatraz I've never ridden a cable car.
- On that note, last weekend, I headed to the Asian Art Museum. Summary statement: Asian people! Enough with the pottery already!
- My friend balance sheet needs improvement - not because of break-ups, but because of (impending) moves. So, I'm on a mission to be more social. Look out, I'm strapping on my butterfly wings!
- On that note, I think I will start blogging about my weekends again - it keeps me adventurous.
- After traveling, and meeting people who are doing some extended voyaging, I am less gung-ho about saddling myself with a mortgage.
- One of my extended-voyaging friends (a native Spanish speaker) sent me my favorite sentence in email ever. After telling me all about his future travel plans, he ended with "and after that I don't know how my life will be." Word.
- I saw a papaya in Trader Joe's and nearly cried - it looked so small and tasteless in comparison to the ones I had in Costa Rica. It was like Papaya Lite. So wrong!
- The Costa Rica pictures are up on flickr .... with captions!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Posted by maisnon at 5:05 PM