Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Observations

  • It's not every day that a friend uses the "I may be stickfighting" excuse (*ahem*, SJM!)
  • I'm trying to be more of a tourist in SF. I thought I would do tourist stuff when my friends came to visit me, but so far - not so much on the visit front. I've never been to Alcatraz I've never ridden a cable car.
  • On that note, last weekend, I headed to the Asian Art Museum. Summary statement: Asian people! Enough with the pottery already!
  • My friend balance sheet needs improvement - not because of break-ups, but because of (impending) moves. So, I'm on a mission to be more social. Look out, I'm strapping on my butterfly wings!
  • On that note, I think I will start blogging about my weekends again - it keeps me adventurous.
  • After traveling, and meeting people who are doing some extended voyaging, I am less gung-ho about saddling myself with a mortgage.
  • One of my extended-voyaging friends (a native Spanish speaker) sent me my favorite sentence in email ever. After telling me all about his future travel plans, he ended with "and after that I don't know how my life will be." Word.
  • I saw a papaya in Trader Joe's and nearly cried - it looked so small and tasteless in comparison to the ones I had in Costa Rica. It was like Papaya Lite. So wrong!
  • The Costa Rica pictures are up on flickr .... with captions!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'll bite the geek pie and say I actually enjoyed Alcatraz. Of course I was a tourist, but still, it's so old and decaying, with vines growing over everything. And you can practically feel the presence of all the prisoners. It's totally worth half a day, since you're there anyway.

Also, yay art museums!

I'm all over those CR flickr pictures when I get a chance. Make myself nice and jealous.

oodles said...

I've lived in SF for more than 4 years and still have not been on a cable car! But, I have been to Alcatraz.

Roonie said...

I've never been to Alcatraz. But Rolando just went and he loved it.

I am a proponent of more Maisnon weekend blogging. Just saying ;)

Anonymous said...

Heyyy Maisnon! Been keeping up with your adventures even if not commenting.

Lurved the CR travelogue! Will go check out the pics now.

Ummm, I know that this is something that people tell other people they know IRL, but (if you'll excuse me) - dude has it been a year in SF already? I still remember when you were moving :)

maisnon said...

I've heard a number of people say they liked Alcatraz. You just watch, I'll be one some kind of double-decker, super-cheesed out, Grey Line tour of SF before you know it!

badmash: I know, right?? I can NOT believe it's been a year! The cliche is true - time flies when you're having fun!