Monday, April 23, 2007

If Plato is a fine red wine, then Aristotle is a dry martini

Weekend update, y'all!

Friday
Realized I had wholly lost my ability to focus, so I left work at 6:30 pm - and felt like that was so early. Did a spot of grocery shopping (food! in the house! in non-frozen form!!) and settled down to watch "Kicking and Screaming." Ah, Friday night in - how I love you!

Saturday
Hesse and I dashed to Fremont for some chaat, then hit IKEA for dessert. (Totally wtf, I know! But the marzipan tart things in the Swedish food store? The yum.) Then, we went to the public library. I know, I know - sometimes the glamour in my life ... it's just too much to take.

I headed up to the city for a dinner party. Unfortunately for me, it was raining. SF drivers can not handle the rain. And they have the memories of goldfish. Every time it rains, they must re-learn the whole "drive more slowly"/"not like a jackass" thing. Every time. So there are accidents. Which means it took me nearly two hours to get to SF. Triple shot of ick. The dinner was lovely, and something I plan to write about later.

Sunday
So lazy. The one thing I've really wanted to do now that my superbusy phase at work seems to be waning is to clean. my. house. Or at least bust the messiness down to the level where someone else can come clean it. Seriously, people, the laundry situation is getting dire - and I can no longer find the floor of the bedroom.

I finally motivated and went to work for a few hours. Then, it was off to TBF's daughter's "monthday" party. According to TBF, it is a Taiwanese tradition to have a party on the baby's one month birthday to celebrate both mom and baby. Dude, there were MAD kids up in that hizzy! I think there were at least ten, but it's hard to say as they were sort of a blur of energy.

Best comment of the evening: being told that I looked "good" with a baby, and that a baby is kind of the ultimate accessory. I said, "Yeah, an incredibly EXPENSIVE accessory!" I whispered "Gucci ain't got nothin' on you" to the bebe's head, gave him a quick smooch and handed him right back to Mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm. Movies...

Kicking and Screaming...one of my all-time favorites. I can't tell you how many times I've watched it...or how many times I've quoted it. I nearly peed when I read the title of your post.

I'm on vacation this week -- but just hanging around the house. This morning I watched Some Like it Hot and on Sunday I watched The Inner/Outer World of Shah Rukh Khan.

I'm considering Doctor Zhivago tomorrow or Friday, and Saturday night is date night (babysitter, yeah!) and we're off to see Ta Ra Rum Pum.

Oh, and the baby thing. At a gallery show last month I told a mom who was there with her baby (mine was at home) that babies are the new black.