Sunday, January 18, 2009

heureuse

I woke up feeling a little unsettled and unsatisfied, out of sorts. While I "hatched" into wakefulness, I thought about my life and realized I have the things I've wanted most in life. How much time we spend planning, strategizing, working towards, etc., and how little appreciating (or at least just soaking it in.)

This isn't the first time I've realized this, and I doubt it will be the last. But I still want it noted for the record: I'm happy. Things are good. I'm hopeful, and thankful.

And, tomorrow, I'll be sharpening my pencil to plot my next goals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on for the reminder. We all forget too often how much we have for which to be grateful. But when we forget, and worse, when we've forgotten for a long time, it's the best feeling ever to wake up in a warm glow covered in happy thoughts. :)

Salil said...

:-)

Oh, and total aside. Best word verification ever:

"DROOL."