Wednesday, June 29, 2005

George Clooney *

Saj (previously mentioned in my LoMo post ) came to visit while I was still working (aka "BLS" - before law school.) I dropped her at the Metro and told her I'd meet her for dinner in Dupont.

In a weird coincidence, we ran into each other on the Red Line train that evening. She told me all about her day and her adventures, and then she said, "Yeah, at first I thought, 'Wow, George Clooney is really popular here. Maybe he was born in DC or something.'" I, of course, said "WTF are you talking about??" She said, "Well, at first, that's what I thought the Metro doors were saying: George Clooney, PING... PONG! "

I laugh about it every time I'm on the Metro.

* This story may not make sense if you've never been on the Metro in DC. The doors talk to you and say "Doors opening" and "doors closing." Each of these greetings/warnings is followed by two "musical" notes.

No comments: