Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Communication is key

the Star: I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make the show tonight. Work is kind of exploding.
maisnon: That's okay
the Star: Well, did you want to go...I mean, I feel bad.
maisnon: Hmmm, well I do want to go - but I won't go if you're not going. But it's not like I'll cry hot tears of disappointment if we don't go.
the Star: ... so 6.5.
maisnon: (eye rolling)
the Star: Oh, I'm sorry - would you like it in your language? 'I'm feeling okay about it, but not too certain - but generally, I'd say yes.'
maisnon: Was that so hard?
the Star: What the hell does that mean? It doesn't SAY anything!!
maisnon: It spoke to ME
the Star: ...while you were speaking I was thinking "8... minus 3...plus 1 divided by 2"
maisnon: I'm going to stab you with my fork. Does THAT speak to you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to the Elbo Room tonight? So jealous!!

Word to the wise, in case the 6.5 goes to a perfect 10, careful on the drinkies there- the bartenders have the whole lead foot thing going with their pouring skills.

Chai said...

hahaha. that was awesome.

Heather said...

really, i think, fork stabbing speaks to everyone.