Monday, November 28, 2005

Ketchup

My mom once said that her ideal vacation would be to get a hotel room with my immediate family where we could see the beach. I asked her if we would go to the beach, and she said no - but maybe we would "take naps." That's right - my mom's ideal vacation is one in which we take naps with an ocean view.

So, you'll understand that after three days at home I was going bonkers. On Saturday, LB2 and I headed to the movies - he saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and I saw Rent (recommend!!!) Ah, sibling affection - it's a beautiful thing. I also watched A LOT of TV, which left me with this one question: with so many channels, how can there be NOTHING on worth watching? (I did watch some kind of "Law & Order" marathon - bliss!)

I spent most of the flight yesterday flirting with the blond sitting in front of me - he's going to be such a heartbreaker in 20 years (assuming he's out of diapers by then.) One of my favorite coworkers picked me up, and I finally met his dog - the Hon. Oliver Wendell Holmes! After four days away, slipping into my own bed and being lulled to sleep by Gia's purring was heaven, full stop.

No comments: