Monday, July 24, 2006

Showtime

It's T-minus 1 hour until D-day here in California (because of the time difference, it's D-day already in the other time zones.) Bar exam time. Best of luck to everyone taking a Bar exam - I'm thinking of you. I fully intend to be stupid(er) for the next three days as I channel my brain waves to my exam-taking friends.

I can't believe it has been a year since I was in your shoes. More accurately, at times, it feels like just yesterday (because - hello - there's no way I'm ready to be a 2nd year associate ... I don't know anything), and at other moments, the Bar-taking process is shrouded by the mists of time (some would say "blocked out.")

Taking the Bar exam was on par with completing my first marathon in teaching me things about myself. It was simultaneously the biggest challenge to, and the greatest opportunity to see Zen lessons at work. It was a short, intense flurry that left me dizzy and worn-out.

I'm not saying I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but some good things came out of the whole process for me. With that thought in mind - go in there, kick ass, and take names!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww... you're so good at the motivational talks!! Mine always seem to wind up with a "van by the river." ;)