Wednesday, April 04, 2007

right ear

... for balance.

As it turns out, I have an ear infection. In each ear. Dual ear infections? What am I, 2 years old??

Well, let's just say I'm glad I went to the doctor!

This also explains what's been happening for the past few days: I've had people ask me to repeat myself. Even if you don't know me in real life, I think you can probably guess that I'm not the quietest, most soft-spoken person - so this was odd. Now, I understand why. When you're wearing headphones and you speak extra-loudly b/c you're unconsciously talking over the music in your head? It's the opposite of that: because my ears are blocked/semi-blocked, my voice seems LOUD in my head, but out in the world ... it isn't.

I had a little .... episode at Walgreen's. Because of federal anti-meth regulations, if you want to buy pseudoephedrine, you must provide ID, and the pharmacist must take down your info. Annoying, but that's the way it is. Then, she asked me to sign the little credit card screen-thingo. Um, there was no text. The screen said "SIGN ___________________" After considerable back-and-forth (I'll spare you the details), it turns out that Walgreen's wasn't able to provide me with what the hell I was signing. Ick. Sometimes a legal education is a pain in the ass. I decided breathing needed to be my first priority.

Despite taking my hard-won pseudoephedrine, I still ended up sleeping semi-upright. (I'm so pretty.) But, at least I can hear today!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh god, that happened to me right before the bar exam - along with an eye infection to boot. I feel your pain. Get better soon. I might recommend simply going to the ER and getting an antibiotic prescription (that's what I did).

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon! I had an ear infection in college, and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced. I had these ridiculous headaches. However, it sounds like you're already on the path to recovery.

See you in a bit!
MP

maisnon said...

You know what's weird, it doesn't hurt. At all. And, YES - I do consider myself lucky!!