Sunday, April 01, 2007

Vitae Summa Brevis

So, last night's plans sort of turned into a "comedy of errors." Which is extra "ha ha" funny as my plans included a stand-up comedy show. I had one of my rare, rare "San Francisco - I love you, but I'm not in love with you" moments, due (no big surprise here) to some serious, serious parking drama. PARKING DRAMA! Those two words shouldn't go together, but trust me - Saturday night, they really, truly did.

I could give you the blow-by-blow, but I'm sure it's not really that interesting. (Poor brimful already had to hear it in a combination of in person, on cell phone, and voicemail interactions.) There's schadenfreude, and then there's schaden-boring.

But, overall, it's just not so bad. It doesn't always have to be the bestest! time! ever! It seldom ever is, really.

They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
Out of a misty dream
Our path emerges for a while, then closes
Within a dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so cute.